Thursday, April 9, 2009

This Week's Menu


It seems like one friend in particular of mine gets in on my bi-monthly grocery shopping days. After a full day in the city we were driving home and she asked the usual, "So what's on the menu this week?" I proceeded to give her the run down and we conversed back and forth about it for a few minutes as she asked questions about what will go with what, how I will cook such and such, etc.


About 5 minutes of silence passed and she said, "You really impress me." It was such a shock to me, not that she would speak so kindly because she's always encouraging me, but that I impressed HER. I asked her what I did and she referred to my menu and my habit of making my menu before each shopping trip. I was so caught off guard because SHE is the one who has all the good organizational habits like it's 2nd nature, not me. But I guess in this one area I actually do it like it's 2nd nature. I don't even see an alternative to this method.


Anyway, I thought I would post the menu for the next 2 weeks just for fun. I don't assign days to my meals, I just get all the ingredients for a certain number of meals and each day I look at the list and decide what will work best for that day. I feel too restrained by daily assignments. I buy a variety of fresh vegetables to use as sides and sometimes I do assign those to certain meals and sometimes I don't, I just decide when I make the main dish.


Drum Roll Please....


Cabbage & Beef Casserole

Ground Chicken Sandwiches (x2) (good deal on Ground Chix this week)

Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes

Lasagna Skillet

Crockpot Chicken

Chicken Spaghetti

Fajitas

Meatball Stroganoff

Pork Chops & Sweet Potatoes (was supposed to be steak, but chops were on sale)

Ham & Scalloped Potatoes

Fish & Asparagus

Chinese

Quiche

2 comments:

  1. Why don't I just print this out right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. My problem is I get stuck in a rut and just make the same things all the time. You are making such a great variety of meals. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete