Friday, February 6, 2009

Let's Get On With It!

Hebrews 6:1-3 (The Message)

So come on, let's leave the preschool fingerpainting exercises on Christ and get on with the grand work of art. Grow up in Christ. The basic foundational truths are in place: turning your back on "salvation by self-help" and turning in trust toward God; baptismal instructions; laying on of hands; resurrection of the dead; eternal judgment. God helping us, we'll stay true to all that. But there's so much more. Let's get on with it!

The kids are learning how to work with watercolor paints in our 2 Cool 4 School Homeschool Coop. Cara got these really cool watercolors that come in a tube. You squirt a little bit out and then add A LOT of water. The kids just did not get the concept of WATERcolors. They wanted dark, detailed paintings like you get when you use acrylics or oil. "More water, more water," Cara and I repeated over and over. Some continued to paint with dry brushes...but others grasped the elementary lesson and desired to learn more. The next week we put puddles of water on their plates and added a little tiny bit of water and forced them to paint the watercolor way. An elementary lesson I forgot I had to learn in order to learn the more complex techniques of working with watercolor paint.

The same anxiousness I had for these kids to just get the fact you have to use water is the same longing and desire I have to go "deeper" with God and for others to go "deeper" as well. I've experienced the amazing revelations of God and I never want to return to the elementary lessons. They are important, because just like watercolors painting....you have to understand the basics of using water with the paint in order to move on to fine, dark, detailing or adding textures to your paintings. Elementary truths of God must be understood in order to move on to the deep things of God.

Jeremiah 33:2-3
"This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it--the LORD is his name: 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'"
Isaiah 48:6(b)
From now on I will tell you of new things, of hidden things, unknown to you.
Romans 11:33(b)
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and[9] knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!

Ephesians 1:17-19
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength,

Ephesians 3:17(b)-19
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

I have prayed these scriptures A LOT over the past year as it is one of my deepest desires to know God in all His depth. Here is one of my prayer songs in my own words:
I wanna see your deep
I wanna see your mysteries
Your hidden and unknown
Your unsearchable love for me
I wanna see your deep
I wanna see your deep
New things, hidden things, all of your unknown
I wanna see your deep
I wanna see your deep
If only I could grasp your deep
Beyond all I know or understand
Fill me to your fullness
embrace me with your hand
I wanna see your deep
I wanna see your deep
How high, how long
How high, how long
is your deep?
I wanna see your deep
I wanna see your deep



No comments:

Post a Comment