Friday, March 20, 2009

Guide My Feet


Zechariah prophecies over his son John the Baptist who will prepare for the One who will come to "shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace."
That is Jesus. He shines on us and we are never the same. He guides our feet into the path of peace. Sometimes I choose not to take those steps that he has guided me in and my life is not so peaceful. I detest myself when I'm not living in peace....and I think others are repulsed by me as well. A friend and I just discussed this a few days ago. What life is like when we don't choose to live in peace. I just do not like to live in that very long. But some seem to live this way their whole lives.

Only true peace can come from the One who came to bring peace. The Jews thought this meant no more warring with other countries, but the true message is inner peace, "peace that passes all understanding."


One of my New Year's Resolutions is to have peace in all circumstances. As I look over the last couple of months, I can honestly say...not by my might, but by His...I am having more peace in the midst of chaos. Maybe things have been less chaotic.



Lord, guide my feet into the path of peace and give me a nice little nudge to walk on the path.

My 92 year old Grandma got a pedicure for the first time in her life when we went with my sister to Storm Lake for my mom's 60th birthday. My daughter decided to stay at the house and play with her cousins.

And just for fun (project), here are some cute little moccassin me and the kids made for homeschool:








1 comment:

  1. bECAUSE i LOVE YOU AND WANT YOU TO KNOW i READ YOUR BLOG..........THERE
    OH AND WHERE ARE YOUR FEET?
    CARA

    ReplyDelete